Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 3:39 AM
SAIC is seeking an IT Help Desk Analyst (ISEA) to support a DOD client in San Diego, CA.
Note: This role support a 24x5 environment. The person may be asked to work a rotating shift, but the candidates shift preference is taken into account.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for Tactical Networks In-service Engineering Activity supported networks to fleet system administrators and maintainers. Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically.
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software issues as well as logistics and administrative questions.
- Research questions using available information resources: (technical manuals, operating and administrator guides, fleet advisory messages, and knowledge base).
- Advise customer on appropriate action.
- Follow standard help desk procedures.
- Log all help desk interactions in Remedy.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions.
- Prepare various activity reports and respond to data and metrics calls.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature.
- Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Interaction normally involves exchange or presentation of factual information.
- Rotating shifts provide 24 hour support 5 days per week with occasional on-call weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Have or be able to obtain a CompTIA Security+ within 6 months of employment.
- 1+ years of prior IT Helpdesk related work experience in a Windows call center environment.
- 1 year of experience with HEAT, TrackIT, Magic, Remedy, Peregrine, or other Ticketing systems is a must.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment
- Familiarity with one of the following systems a PLUS: ADNS, CENTRIXS, ISNS, ONE-NET, SCI-Networks, SUB-LAN, VIXS, CND and SCIP-IWF.
- Familiarity with Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Database Software
- Understanding of Databases and knowledge Management tools.
- Knowledge on how to query and tailor reports from a database.
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift assigned including evenings and overnight.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Customer Service orientated
- Problem analysis
- Attention to detail
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit (link removed).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 8, 2018, 9:16:48 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: San Diego
• Post ID: 36551922 sandiego