What you’ll be doing...
- Required to perform routine preventative maintenance on Generators, DC Plants/Batteries/Rectifiers, UPS, ATS/SwitchGear, HVAC and Fire Suppression Systems and properly document work performed.
- Ensure proper alarm function and respond to alarms indicating facility troubles.
- Perform repair or oversee the repair of faulty equipment.
- Monitor Facility Environmental conditions and address any issues before they become service affecting.
- Assist engineering with design of new installations or upgrades to facility equipment and oversee installation.
- Maintain Clean, Neat, Safe and Reliable building infrastructure.
- Work with both internal groups and external vendors on a regular basis.
- On-call 24/7
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one of more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in electronics, electrical,HVAC, or related field.
- Facilities & Infrastructure - Intermediate knowledge and skill for common field application.
- Computer Skills - Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience with building management systems highly desirable.
- Safety and Environmental - Maintain current in all mandatory requirements and follow established safety practices.
- Leadership and Self-Management - Demonstrate organizational and leadership skills relevant to carrying out day-to-day responsibilities. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Communications - Demonstrate proficiency in verbal, written and listening skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include weekends when required.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2467792-advanced-facilities-technician
• Post ID: 36366297 sandiego