What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Telematics seeks an experienced and highly-motivated individual to serve as a Contracts Manager/Negotiator. The position may be located in its Atlanta, GA headquarters, in Verizon’s Basking Ridge, NJ headquarters, Verizon Telematics’ San Diego, CA office, or Verizon Telematics’ Orange County CA office. The Contracts Manager/Negotiator will provide support to the Verizon Telematics sales team by assisting with contract negotiations, drafting contractual language and providing advice on business related matters. The position requires someone with an eye for detail who can adroitly manage multiple competing priorities in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Contracts Manager/Negotiator will report to Verizon Telematics’ Commercial Contracts Group Leader.
- Review and negotiate complex contractual arrangements and provisionsin support ofthe Verizon Telematics’ business.
- Understand the business and integrate commercial and business needs into contract documentation.
- Review contract provisions for ambiguities and contemplate potential outcomes and creative solutions. Draft provisions to achieve intended results. Understand interrelationships among various contract provisions.
- Recommend contract language that supports Verizon Telematics’ business strategies and interests.
- Support requests for proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP) efforts by reviewing and/or drafting responses to contractual terms and conditions.
- Coordinate review of contract terms with cross-functional support (e.g., sales, finance, quality, import/export controls, engineering, etc.), as required to optimize opportunity and mitigate risk.
- Coordinate with counsel on alternate contract language, review and approval of deviations from standard templates.
- Conduct periodic contract reviews to ensure obligations are met by Telogis, its suppliers and business partners.
- Help prepare and provide periodic reports regarding contract activities and processes; including appropriate authorization levels.
- Develop understanding of internal contract management software programs. Recommend design improvements as needed.
- Accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six years of relevant work experience in-house or with a law firm.
- Contract management or sourcing experience.
Even better if you have:
- Proven ability to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Strong planning and time-management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, MS Office, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience with SaaS and/or in the communications or wireless technology industry is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, financial or legal related discipline.
- M.B.A. or J.D. from an accredited law school preferred
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2469020-contract-manager
• Post ID: 36366462 sandiego