Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Engineer 4 - Northrop Grumman Corporation (San Diego,
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 1:46 AM
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation’s business focus area on Communications, we are the “equipment providers.” Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Reliability, Maintainability and Safety Analyses on Military electronics, with emphasis on:
- Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis
- Derating/Stress Analysis
- Reliability Prediction using PRISM or Telcordia Methodologies
- Root Cause Determination and Corrective Action
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action Administration
- Reliability Growth and Qualification Testing
- Environmental Stress Screening development and test plan generation
- Safety Hazard Analyses and corresponding mitigation
- Thermal Analyses using FLOTHERM
- Act as Reliability Engineering lead on Military programs, ensuring compliance with customer reliability requirements effectively interfacing with customer reliability specialists, presenting reliability requirements and reliability analysis results at customer design reviews and internal management reviews.
- Support new business proposals, reviewing customer reliability requirements, providing labor cost and schedule estimates to accomplish required reliability tasks.
- Develop Reliability Program Plans to document and control reliability tasks and activities required for specific Military programs.
- Interface internally with Electrical Design Engineers, Component Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Functional and Program Management.
- Support internal training program, mentoring junior engineers/interns in Reliability Engineering, including performance of reliability analyses.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18002744&lang=en
• Location: San Diego
• Post ID: 37160527 sandiego