POSITION SUMMARY: A General Manager (GM) is the top-level manager in our restaurants with full P&L responsibility. The GM is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the hiring and development of team members. Also responsible for developing Assistant Managers and Shift Leads to achieve financial objectives and the execution of Shakey’s standards, including our company’s mission, vision and values. The General Manager reports to a Regional Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage restaurant P&L by tracking expenses vs. annual budget, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
· Plan, schedule, manage, lead and direct restaurant operations.
· Achieve restaurant budget targets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Create an environment of outstanding guest service every day.
· Plan and execute in-store and local marketing in the community.
· Coach Assistant Managers, Shift Leads and Team Members to ensure execution of Shakey’s standards and procedures.
· Lead the implementation of company initiatives by developing action plans and directly motivating and instructing the team on the implementation plans.
· Consistently monitor and manage restaurant staffing levels to ensure team members are properly trained.
· Consistently review restaurant operations to identify any problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement.
· Develop and implement a positive learning environment and supportive training culture.
· Provide coaching and feedback to team members and managers and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
· Analyze relevant reports to identify and address trends and issues in restaurant performance to include guest satisfaction, shoppers, social media and surveys.
· Manage food, supply and merchandise inventories.
· Plan and control daily labor schedule.
· Follow Shakey’s operational policy and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety/security, to ensure the safety of all teams members during each shift
· Supervise ServSafe™ practices with regard to personal cleanliness and food handling.
· Ensures compliance with all labor laws and labor management costs to include proper execution of meal and rest periods and addresses any violations immediately (directly or through management staff).
• Post ID: 33850492 sandiego